According to the World Health Organization (WHO), globally, men are more probable to experience mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. Research also suggests that men are less likely than women to seek professional help for mental health concerns.
Barriers to Men seeking Mental Health Help
- The belief that seeking help is a sign of weakness
- Societal Expectations and Stigmas
- The perception that mental health services are primarily designed for women
- Reluctance to open up and discuss emotions
- Lack of awareness and limited access to resources
- Men’s self-reliance mindset