From the closest relative to the most distant, everyone suffers some level of distress when addiction grips the family. Possible effects of family addiction include:2
- Mental health problems worsened by persistent stress, such as:
- Anger and resentment.
- Hopelessness and depression.
- Risky sexual behavior and promiscuity.
- Physical health issues resulting from an intense focus on the person using substances rather than your own needs.
- Financial issues stemming from supporting a loved one’s habit, having been stolen from, paying legal fees, and having financial resources needed for housing, utilities, and nutrition being spent on drugs and/or alcohol.
Join us as we speak more on the above. See you then.